In the early 1920s, two magnificent mansions in the 300 block of North Meridian were demolished to make way for progress. One was replaced with a 9-story building that is now on the National Register of Historic Places. The other was replaced with a parking lot.
Despite its close association with dogs, the site of the recently closed Bulldog Lounge has actually had more lives than a proverbial cat since it was carved out of farmland and platted in 1895.